Subscribe for More Techniques!
- Anonymous on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- Villa Samui on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- jiu jitsu belts on RI BJJ Tutorial: The Knee Cut Pass (Gi Version)
- Jamey Wienberg on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- RI BJJ Tutorial: Counters to a Handful of Guard Passes | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Classes in Rhode Island on One Hundred Posts! Self-Celebratory Nostalgia!
Monthly Archives: October 2011
In the video above, Tim O’Connell, pro fighter and coach at Rhode Island’s Black Diamond MMA, covers the nuances of a Brazillian Jiu Jitsu essential: the (arm-in) guillotine choke. For pointers on how to transition from top half guard right … Continue reading
In the video above, RI Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor, Coach Josh, demonstrates how to transition from top half guard to a guillotine choke (extra pointers on the guillotine are here). Here’s the breakdown: Rather than battling back and forth for an underhook, … Continue reading
Today’s lesson: How to save yourself from a keylock attempt. The keylock is a basic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu submission; you may recall that we covered its mechanics here. Now, Coach Dan Faggella of Rhode Island’s Black Diamond MMA shows you … Continue reading