Subscribe for More Techniques!
- Anonymous on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- Villa Samui on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- jiu jitsu belts on RI BJJ Tutorial: The Knee Cut Pass (Gi Version)
- Jamey Wienberg on RI BJJ Tutorial: Over/Under Pass Variations, Part 1
- RI BJJ Tutorial: Counters to a Handful of Guard Passes | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Classes in Rhode Island on One Hundred Posts! Self-Celebratory Nostalgia!
Monthly Archives: November 2011
If you’ve seen the BDMMA review of basic kneebar pointers, you may remember that many of those pointers were designed to prevent your opponent from rolling away from you, thereby ruining the angles that’re important to finishing the kneebar. In this … Continue reading
In this video, Coach Dan Faggella covers the finer points of a Brazillian Jiu Jitsu essential, the rear naked choke. This is one of the most popular submissions in MMA, and it’s also the choke that earned fellow Black Diamond MMA coach (and pro fighter), Tim … Continue reading
The kneebar is a leglock that targets – you guessed it – the knee. The thing about knees is that they only bend one way; if you can make your opponent’s bend any other way, he’s got a serious injury … Continue reading
The video above is mostly about how to counter the achilles lock, but it happens to also be a good demo on how to execute the achilles. After all, what better way to practice your BJJ attacks than by drilling … Continue reading
So, your opponent has you in an achilles lock; what do you do? If you haven’t seen these counters, you probably flail wildly, then tap out. Fortunately, Coach Dan Faggella of Rhode Island’s Black Diamond Mixed Martial Arts Academy has … Continue reading
Like its cousin, the triangle choke, the arm triangle choke is a vascular choke, meaning it works by cutting off the blood supply to your opponent’s brain. Again like the triangle choke, the arm triangle choke uses one of your … Continue reading